IP3 - Portrait/Caricature


I have chosen 2018 Winter Olympian Figure Skater Mirai Nagasu.
She received a bronze medal and is the first female American to have landed a triple axel this year during the Olympics.


Creative Brief:



I added a few image boards with either all three different caricature styles or at least 2. 

Caricatures from Jaume Cullell

Caricatures from Pedro Molina

Caricatures from Krasivon

Caricatures from David Garcia Vivancos
https://www.behance.net/DavidGarciaVivancos

Rough caricatures of Mirai Nagasu
Above: process of how I blocked out features of her face that were most noticeable, such as her chin and round cheeks.
Concept of full drawing I
2/22/18 Thursday night works:



concept for full drawing II
realistic style next to a more quick sketch cute style:

todays crit works:

I only drew one body on these because I want to mess with different figure skating forms. 

Cute:
Satirical/humorous:
realistic:


under drawing
(took my humorous and cute one and put together)